Mr Nixon Dlamini CEng MICE (Eswatini Railways CEO)
On the 16th March 2020, the Minister of Public Works and Transport, Chief Ndlaluhlaza Ndwandwe hosted the ESR Board of Directors Chairperson and the media in a media briefing to announce the appointment of the new ESR Chief Executive Officer. The Minister was accompanied by the Principal Secretary, Khangeziwe Mabuza. The Board of Directors Chairperson Mr Alex Mngomezulu announced that Mr Nixon Dlamini is the new ESR CEO with effect from the 1st March 2020.
Mr Nixon Dlamini takes over from the now retired Stephenson Ngubane who vacated office at the end on December 2019. Below is his brief CV
1. BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
2. BSC (Maths and Physics)
3. CSCS Black Managers Card
4. ICE Supervising Engineer
1. Engineering Council UK (EngC UK)
2. Institution of Civil Engineers. (MICE)
3. Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
4. South African Association of Civil Engineers
Mr Dlamini has a wealth of knowledge in the rail and engineering sectors as he has worked in many parts of the world including the Republic of South Africa and the UK. He is joining ESR from a consultancy job with 2N Services (PTY) LTD as a lead consultant based in the United Kingdom
- He has also worked as Associate Director and Rail business Leader for Arup where he carried out many functions including but not limited to carrying out rail development work, securing investment funding etc.
- He has also worked as Principal Rail/Civil Engineer and Permanent Way Lead for Mott Macdonald
- He also worked for Eswatini Railways as Chief Civil Engineer earlier from October 1997 to August 2001.
The Minister wished him well and was confident that he will drive the organisation forward